"Knowing the different types of electrical fans allows you to understand which fan suits your house more and make an informed purchasing decision for your new house."
Everyone knows that good fan can make a hot day in Singapore more bearable. But did you know that fans do much more than just cool the air? That's right. By circulating the air, a fan can help us to maintain a fresh, cooling breeze at home. At the same time, it adds ventilation, keeps humidity levels in check and helps prevent inhalation of fumes and gases.
However, choosing the right fan can be rather confusing with so many options available. From wall fans to ceiling fans, and standing fans, each with its own set of features; how do you know you're choosing the right type of fan for your needs?
To make your decision slightly easier, we will just focus on electrical fan for home use. Of course, many companies also use electrical fans in offices and other commercial settings.
Understanding the Electrical Fan
Most electrical fans that are used to provide ventilation and comfort, do so using axial flow. Axial fans come in all shapes and sizes, ranging from portable USB desk fans to ginormous fans used in wind tunnels. These fans share a few basic components, namely:
- fan blade
- lead and armature wires
When choosing a fan, you will look at the size and type that best suits your needs.
Common Electrical Fan in Singapore
- Table Fan - A table fan is typically small fan most suitable for study table and side table where you need a little breeze. It is usually small in size and can be easily moved or shifted.
- Wall Mounted Fan - Ideal for rooms and even small living room. A wall fan can provide quite powerful air circulation at homes. Where ceiling is too high or too low, wall fan makes sense as low ceiling means you may easily hurt your hands when you raise them. High ceiling means you need a long down-rod for ceiling fan.
- Tower Fan - Slim and compact, the ventricle design fits perfectly in compact spaces. It's quiet operation and stability makes it ideal for use in homes and offices. Though it takes up little space on the floor, it still occupies some space. For space conscious user, wall mounted fan and ceiling fan may be a better option.
- Ceiling Fan - The circulatory breeze of ceiling fan makes rooms feel much cooler and the fan is available in many styles to match your furniture and decor. Ceiling fan is suitable for bigger spaces and room. If you enjoy strong wind blowing at you to cool you down, ceiling fan is most suitable as it is frequently regarded as most powerful amongst all the fans here. Like the wall fan, it also does not take up floor space.
- Box Fan - This versatile fan can be placed in an open window to help circulate indoor air. Box fan is usually gentle in nature. Box fan may be less suitable for most people because it can occupy quite a fair bit of space and does not deliver strong wind. You may be better of with table fan if you are considering box fan.
- Misting Fan - A newer invention, the misting fan is great for outdoor use at athletic fields, in backyards or on patios. The misting nozzles distributes a cool, fine evaporating mist to create a chilling breeze. For indoor room, it may not be that suitable as it may end up wetting the place.
- Bladeless fan - This fan becomes popular recently because of its innovative design which makes it more safe to operate. Without the blade, it means that potentially your finger or hand will not be hurt by rotating blade. In addition, the cleaning of fan is made easy without the blades. The wind from a bladeless fan is usually within the range of table and tower fan.
Choose your perfect fine by considering the location, the available space, and your budget. In our opinion, ceiling fan is the most effective in terms of cooling the room and circulating the air in the room for Singapore environment. When you are choosing a ceiling fan, please bear in mind that the diameter of the blade, the number of blade and the angle of blade make a difference in the wind it generates.
We look forward to you dialing (+65) 6631 8553 or email us to to find out more about electrical fan and its installation.